News & Publications
28/04/2021- LJMU’s Funded Internship Programme – Applications still open for 7th June
LJMU has a long history of supporting our local small companies. We have promoted graduate retention in the Liverpool City Region for over 20 years and we know that students and graduates are an important part of the labour market. This year has been especially challenging, so we have committed our entire funded Internship Programme to support local businesses.
We are delighted to invite your company to take part as a host for a full time, remotely accessed internship. We are looking for organisations that can offer meaningful projects for students to undertake over the summer. Internships are 140 hours in duration and we still have opportunities for host organisations to apply with projects for students to start on 7th June 2021.
In return, LJMU will cover the full cost of the wages of the student. We ask that all hours worked by student are confirmed by the host. This process is managed by our in-house agency Unitemps.
So, if you can offer
- A supportive environment to learn about the workplace
- An opportunity to get involved in, or lead, a short project with tangible results
- A safe space to develop their confidence
Please return applications via the same mail address. The deadline for applications is Friday 7 May at 12 noon. This is a first come, first served process and we have a limited number of opportunities.
- This scheme is not available if your company:
- Has more than 250 employees
- Has hosted an LJMU intern in the past 2 years
- Is owned by LJMU staff
- Is outside the Liverpool City Region