InvestSefton Website Accessibility Statement
InvestSefton aims to provide information on this website that is accessible to all who use it. Our website accessibility statement outlines improvements we will make to ensure we achieve these aims.
This statement covers only this website while other Sefton Council websites linked to this site have their own accessibility statement.
What is an accessible website?
An accessible website can be used by everyone, regardless of their abilities or the method they choose to access it.
Is this website accessible?
Most of this website is accessible using a wide range of devices, but we know that the following issues currently existing when using the site:
- Can be difficult for users scrolling on the smallest mobile devices in popular use, such as an IPhone 5.
- Difficulty skipping content on the Chancery Business Park item, which is a major obstruction for users with visual impairments
- Some links on the Business Locations page can’t be used by assistive technology
- Some timetabled information and formats may be difficult for assistive technologies to interpret for website users
- Screen readers aren’t able to translate the layout or purpose of forms on the site for users with visual impairments
- When using keyboard navigation, not all functions are available while many control functions aren’t highlighted
- Contrast between text and background colour for headings and sub-headings, means it can be difficult for users with moderate visual impairments using the website
- Links need to be better distinguished on the site to help users with visual impairments locate and use them
- Links on a small number of pages need to explain their purpose to help assistive technology tell the user why they should click it
- Three recurring media items don’t have alt text to help screen readers translate what they are for users
- There are a range of accessibility issues with PDFs currently sitting on the site
Feedback and Contact Information
Please contact us if you have an accessibility query including:
- If you are experiencing issues with accessing information or using the website
- if you find an accessibility problem not listed on this statement
- if you have positive feedback on the accessibility considerations made.
When you contact us there is a process in place that will acknowledge your contact, tell you who is dealing with it and give you a timescale by which you can expect a reply.
Get in touch by emailingmailto:InvestSefton@sefton.gov.uk and we shall try to find an alternative for you.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (ECHR) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Technical information about accessibility on this website
InvestSefton is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
The website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 AA Standard. The non-accessible sections are listed below:
- 1.3.5 Identity Input Purpose: Identify the purpose of fields programmatically
- 1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum): Ensure text has sufficient contrast
- 2.4.7 Focus Visible: Ensure controls change appearance when they are selected
What we are doing to improve this website
The accessibility issues listed above are development and design issues that will be fixed with the planned redesign of this website, which will be programmed following accessibility guidelines to be compliant with AA criteria and wherever possible, WCAG AAA criteria.
The redesign of the InvestSefton website is not feasible by 23rd September 2020.
Preparation for this accessibility statement
This statement was updated on 21st September 2020.