Covid-19 Business Advice & Training
As and when we hear about any new advice or training available we will update this page.
InvestSefton Business Growth Programme
InvestSefton Business Growth Programme is here to help businesses during this difficult time. We are able to offer the following support:
- Impact Assessment
- Action Planning
- Government Support Information
- Cash Flow Management
- Recovery Planning
If you would like help please call us on 0151 934 3452 – we will then arrange for a qualified business adviser to call you back at a convenient time.
Free business advice from the Professional and Business Service community
Growth Platform is co-ordinating a panel of accredited Professional & Business Services specialists willing to provide informed pro bono business advice and support to companies in the Liverpool City Region in response to the challenges they are currently facing during the COVID-19 pandemic. https://growthplatform.org/business-covid-19-advice/pbs-support/
Sefton’s Planning team push ahead to keep building up borough
Innovative practices, dedicated staff and new technology has allowed Sefton Council’s Planning team to remain working seamlessly throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Over 650 planning decisions and applications have been made in Sefton since March as Sefton Council continues to deliver this vital service without disruption.
Planning has been identified as one of the key factors in helping boost the borough’s well-being once the COVID-19 pandemic is over and work is now well underway to help kick start the economic recovery of Sefton.
To allow for this Sefton Council have implemented a number of both temporary and permanent changes to how the Planning process works to help support residents and businesses.
A 6 week course to stabilise, adapt and sustain your businesses during crisis. The 3 modules will each be delievered for 2 hours a week. For more information on Sustain and how to apply, visit the Growth Platform Website.
Are you a business with over £1m turnover and 10 employees? Are you facing challenges within your business related to COVID-19?
Do you need focused help to work through options and design your future strategy? If so then we can help!
In order to respond to the economic challenges our City Region businesses are facing, we are working with BDO LLP who will deliver a fully-funded bespoke programme of engagement, advice and support for SMEs across Liverpool City Region, focusing primarily on COVID-19 related issues and how businesses will emerge successfully.
A new online community to provide digital, creative and tech leaders with a community to connect, unite, and grow. Feel supported.
Get advice. Stabilise your business. Delivered by FORM. Connect with Business Leaders
Advice and Guidance for small businesses and Federation of Small Businesses and the self-employed
Mentoring funded by Be The Business
Rapid Response Mentoring Programme. 12-week programme, created specifically to help SMEs through this difficult period of uncertainty and change.
The aim is to help guide SMEs through the crisis, provide them with a sounding board for difficult decisions, and help business owners to develop the most suitable strategy for their business.
The programme is intended to be a short, sharp injection of support and will entail:
- 12 week support intervention to deal with acute business challenges
- Suggested weekly calls or online meetings of 1 hour
- Rapid matching process with existing registered and available mentors and SMEs
- Accelerated registration process for ‘new’ mentors and SMEs
- Participation in virtual groups/webinars covering support on relevant topics with mentor advisor support
- Additional information
Some advice from James Brayshaw, CEO of AdaptiveComms Group Ltd, who has co-hosted business continuity workshops with InvestSefton in the past:”AdaptiveComms has been providing business continuity, telecoms and IT solutions to businesses for over 17 years. Many businesses are faced with making decisions they never dreamt would be necessary only a fortnight ago, and SME owners have suddenly found themselves desperately trying to get everyone home, logged on, and maintain operations. Here are six easy things you can do to keep things going. We can assist you with these services, and we are happy to provide free advice, and do all we can to assist fellow Sefton businesses at this difficult time. Best wishes, James Brayshaw” (CEO, AdaptiveComms Group Ltd 01704 540547 email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have a social media presence get on to it. Just say hello – let customers know you’re still there and you’re going to be there in a few weeks.
- Install Dropbox, its free and can be used to easily put documents in, which can be shared with colleagues and customers.
- Activate call waiting and voicemail on your mobile – make sure everyone who needs to speak to you can
- Install Microsoft Teams (free with office 365) this is a fantastic piece of software which will let you video conference with team members and share presentations, enabling virtual working.
- If you have basic 365 or don’t have it at all consider upgrading / subscribing, part of the package includes SharePoint, an online document server which can be set up to allow different people access to different documents according to their permission levels.
- If you have a phone system in the office consider changing to a hosted phone system (its often completely cost neutral with no upfront charges and can still be done even in lock down). The hosted system means you can plug your phone in at work or to your home network (wired or on WiFi) and its exactly the same, meaning a seamless service for your customers rather than relying on call diversions which are at best clunky. www.adaptivecomms.co.uk/landline/working-from-home/
Training and Webinars:
Webinar for Employers- help and support if your business is affected by coronavirus (COVID-19)
HMRC are offering a series of live webinars to provide information on business support. Follow this link for more information and to register.
The webinars will cover:
- COVID-19 Job Retention Scheme
- furloughed workers
- Statutory Sick Pay
- support available to employers for outstanding payments to HMRC.
Growth Platform Online Events
Growth Platform are running a series of weekly, free, online events, to help support businesses during the COVID-19 crisis.
Upcoming events include a weekly update on COVID-19 (22nd April) and Digital Marketing Strategy (23rd April). There will also be weekly Webinars. Full details on all of the events including how to join can be found on the Growth Platform Website: https://growthplatform.org/events/
Professional Liverpool Resilience Panel- Series of Webinars
Professional Liverpool have announced a series of webinars where a panel of specialists are offering support and advice to the businesses of the Liverpool City Region during this difficult time, where businesses are continuously needing to change and adapt. More information on the speakers and subjects along with dates and times can be found on their Eventbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/professional-liverpools-resilience-panel-tickets-102341841202