Design for Success Workshop
|Venue||Virtual Engineering Centre, |
WA4 4AD (Click here to view a map of the venue)
In an ever-evolving marketplace, defined by changing consumer needs, continuous emerging competition, as well as social, political and technological developments, undertaking Research and Development (R&D) is critical to ensure the business’ continuous growth and prosperity.
The Design for Success workshop series has been designed to provide manufacturing SMEs with the knowledge of one of the most widely implemented industry frameworks for managing new product innovation excellence, the Stage Gate Process.
The workshop which is delivered in partnership with the Virtual Engineering Centre, will also feature a tour of the Centre’s Virtual Reality and Robotics and Autonomous Systems Laboratories.
Why should I attend?
- To understand the need to invest in R&D
- To learn the fundamental steps of the Stage Gate Process framework
- To gain an understanding of common pitfalls in New Product Development and Introduction
- To learn how to secure and maximise the value of your intellectual property
- To learn how digital engineering technologies can support product design
Who should attend?
- Manufacturing Leaders and Business Owners
- R&D Managers
- Design Engineers and Assembly Operators
*Please note the event is exclusively for SME manufacturing businesses. Non-manufacturers will not be permitted to attend.
|08:00||Registration, Networking and Breakfast|
|08:30||New Product Introduction & Innovation – The Stage Gate Process|
|09:15||IP, Patents and Trademarks: Secure your new product and maximise the value of your intellectual property – Dr. Chris McDonald, Partner, Wilson Gunn|
|09:35||Workshop – Roundtable discussions|
|10:00||Introduction to the Manufacturing Growth Fund and support available|
|10:10||Revolutionising product design with digital engineering: A case study approach – Andrew Borland, Commercialisation Manager, Virtual Engineering Centre|
|10:30||Virtual Engineering Centre Laboratory tours|