News & Publications
23/08/2022 – Liverpool John Moores University’s Discovery Internship Programme is now open to apply
For the academic year of 2022-23, cohort 1 of LJMU’s Discovery Internships programme will be fully funded 105-hour work experience internships with employers within the Liverpool City Region. 1 of the 105 hours is covered by an online induction delivered by LJMU (Liverpool John Moores University) and we expect all students to complete this.
The internship programme provides an opportunity that allows LJMU undergraduate students, levels 5 and 6, to gain valuable work experience that enables the student to discover their unique skills and talents, whilst employers discover the value of engaging an intern in their company.
The LJMU Student Futures Team is seeking hosts who can offer a supportive and structured environment that allows students to grow in confidence and enhance their workplace skills.
LJMU pays the full cost of wages and provides full support with advertising the opportunity, candidate selection, processing timesheets and payments to students.
We anticipate the internship start date being mid-October 2022. If you want to get involved, please ensure you meet the eligibility criteria below and complete and submit the expression of interest form by midday on Friday 2nd September 2022.**
Project eligibility criteria:**
- Will add value to the organisation and skills of the student
- Hours not used to cover the role of another employee
- Hours not used to take away the role of another employee
Organisation eligibility criteria:**
- Less than 250 employees
- Not owned by LJMU staff
- Based in the Liverpool City Region (surrounding areas will also be considered e.g. Warrington)
- Businesses and organisations that have participated in our internships programme before are welcome to reapply although we are especially keen to support partners who are yet to benefit.
Please note – we are currently unable to support internships that require a DBS check. Please do not continue with the expression of interest form if a DBS would be required.
The expression of interest form can be found online here:
Please complete the form by midday on Friday 2nd September.