But whose job is it to make sure the universities are producing work-ready graduates and that the schools and colleges are encouraging apprenticeships?
BusinessCloud has joined forces with Progress to Excellence Group, which has been providing training and assessment for organisations of all shapes and sizes for more than 20 years, to look at how Liverpool City Region can support the business sector’s skills needs.
The event will provide a unique opportunity for budget holders and decision makers in businesses to hear about Liverpool City Region’s Skills Strategy and the positive influence apprentices can have on their businesses.
We’ll also be looking at the way professional services companies have changed their approach to recruitment to attract a bigger talent pool and the importance of upskilling employees through the utilisation of the levy to meet the challenges of modern businesses.
- Sandra Kirkham, group managing director, Progress to Excellence Group
- Asif Hamid MBE, chairman of Liverpool City Region LEP
- Amanda Willis , group head of HR, Peel Ports
- Robyn Dooley , founder OH
- Dean Ward, founder & chief technical officer, Evoke Creative