Ask The Buyer – 22/10/15
|Venue||Bootle Town Hall|
Oriel Road (use Trinity Road entrance)
L20 7AE (Click here to view a map of the venue)
Locating and Bidding for Public Sector Contracts
Workshop 1: Ask the Buyer – YPO Buying Group & Sefton Council
1.00pm-4.30pm on Thursday, 22 October 2015 at Bootle Town Hall, Trinity Rd, Bootle, L20 7AE
- Are you are new to tendering, or bidding for public contracts?
- Or not getting past the PQQ (pre-qualification) stage?
- Do you know where to locate contracts and sub-contract opportunities?
- Do you know which contracts your competitors are winning, and when they are up for renewal?
Then this workshop is for you!
Public agencies spend £billions pa on goods and services, and millions of small companies are winning contracts with Councils, NHS and YPO every day of the week. On Thursday, 22 October InvestSefton is hosting a free workshop, aimed at helping businesses locate and win public sector contracts. This workshop is one of a series aimed at helping Sefton businesses understand the process, and improve their chances of winning work. Topics will include selling to YPO buying group, supplying Sefton Council, and funded business support to help your business bid for, and win contracts.
On the day, delegates will also receive a
- Customised ‘Contract Opportunity Report’, with details of live and forthcoming contract and sub-contract opportunities, for your business type/sector
- Guide to doing business with Sefton Council
- Chest user guide, for locating contracts with 47 NW Councils
Places at these events are limited, and are likely to fill up quickly. If you would like to attend or send a representative, please register here.
1.00pm Coffee and registration, business networking
1.30pm Introductions, workshop aims
(Julie Swarbrick Business Support Specialist, InvestSefton)
Selling to YPO Buying Group
(Wendy Clarke, YPO)
- Using the portal, tender alerts, frameworks and catalogue items
- Demystifying the process
- ‘Ask the Buyer’ Q&A
2.45pm Selling to Sefton Council (Julie Swarbrick)
‘Ask the Buyer’ Q&A
(Jane Taylor, Procurement Officer , Sefton Council)
3.45pm Tender Ready – Business support for Sefton businesses (Julie Swarbrick)
- Next Steps
4.00pm Business networking
Attendance at this event means you automatically qualify for a free business review from a nationally qualified business support specialist, providing advice and guidance to sustain and grow your business (SUBJECT TO ELIGIBILITY).
Priority is given to private sector SME’s who have been trading 1+day and are located within the Sefton Council Local Authority area. Places may be limited to one delegate per organisation depending on demand.