Access to Finance
Invest Sefton provides a professional advisory and information service both to existing businesses and those interested in relocating or investing in the Borough.
Invest Sefton delivers a range of financial support incentives including:
Sefton Business Growth Hub
Funded by European Regional Development Fund and available to qualifying businesses in Sefton:
- Delivered via face to face advice and support
- Specialist Adviser who has extensive financial experience and commercial acumen
- Assistance in identifying most appropriate route to finance be it Debt, Equity or other alternative finance solution
The service will ensure that the Business is ‘Finance Ready’ by:
- Assisting in the development of a credible, viable business plan
- Ensuring the Financial Information is available to support a funding application
- Assessing the business to ensure the most appropriate form of finance is being requested
- Explaining the various financial products and options so that an ‘informed’ decision is reached
From an established network of contacts and providers we will:
- Identify the most appropriate providers
- Know who has both appetite and available funds
- Understand the application process and assist with submission
- Meet potential funders with client
- Support Client through process to approval and drawdown
For a confidential meeting please contact Colin Hickey at Colin.email@example.com or call 0151 934 4646
Funding Circle is an online marketplace which can help businesses access fast and simple finance, whilst investors have the potential to earn better returns by lending to them. Funding Circle directly connects people and organisations who want to lend, with vetted, established businesses who want to borrow.
Businesses submit an application which is then reviewed by a team of underwriters. Once approved, businesses post their loan request on the Funding Circle marketplace and each one is funded via an auction process. Investors choose which businesses they’ll lend to and place bids of the amount of money they wish to lend, and the interest rate they want to earn. Investors bid small amounts on hundreds of different businesses to spread their risk.
Sefton Council has invested in Funding Circle to provide funding for credit worthy businesses located in Sefton. Further details can be found at www.fundingcircle.com
Alternatively please contact Colin Hickey at Colin.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 934 4646
Invest Sefton has established close links with a wide variety of grant and loan awarding bodies to support new and existing businesses. For further details please visit:
Merseyside Special Investment Fund www.msif.co.uk
Northern Powerhouse The Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund provides commercially focussed finance through Microfinance, Debt and Equity Finance funds. Open to businesses located in the North of England looking to start up, scale up or stay ahead, visit the website to see if Northern Powerhouse can help.